Topic: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Replies: 62   Last Post: Mar 14, 2013 9:59 PM

John Jens

Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem

On Saturday, January 5, 2013 1:47:02 PM UTC+2, Toni...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Saturday, January 5, 2013 1:02:58 PM UTC+2, John Jens wrote:
>

> > > I won't go back to warn you about possible mistakes in your "proof", rather I will only tell you that if you have any hope to be taken seriously by anyone seriously related to mathematics you better type down your stuff with LaTeX, either in your blog or in a PDF file, otherwise many mathematicians, like me say, won't even take the time to try to read all that in ASCII.

> > > Tonio
>

> > PDF file http://primemath.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/fltflt.pdf
>

> Way to go, though you made a poor typing-LaTeXing job and still have some mistakes that you were already warned about:
>

> 1) If you write as LaTeX the variable letter "a", do the same ALL THROUGH the paper, as the second line begins with "...integer a" and the "a" isn't LaTeXed.
>

> 2) you were already told before that what Fermat's Little Theorem (flt) actually states is that a^p - a, AN NOT ONLY a^p, is a multiple of p. Do finally fix this, a minor though ugly mistake.
>

> 2) You write "If a + b - c >= 1 and because a + b - c < a implies a >= 2 and because a < p implies p > 2. *" . What is this? A conditional sentence that begins with "if" must include some CONDITION, so...what happens if...? Beyond this, what does that little star * at the end of the line mean?
>

> 3) You also have a "theorem (1)" that I've no idea what its meaning.
>

> Try to address the above remarks and really, really make your paper more readable, subdiving it in sections: when a + b -c < 0, when a + b -c >= 0 and etc. Don't make extense parentheses in between but rather check that case separately, etc. You can check professional papers (not all of them are decent, though) and, perhaps, reading this excelent short article will help:
>
> http://www.jmilne.org/math/tips.html
>

> Tonio

Thank you for your suggestions I have made some changes
http://primemath.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/fltflt4.pdf

Date Subject Author
11/27/12
Read From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Frederick Williams
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
David Bernier
11/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Stemper
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Ki Song
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
gus gassmann
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Ki Song
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/1/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
vrut25@gmail.com
12/2/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/2/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/2/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/5/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/5/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/5/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/6/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/6/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/6/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Bart Goddard
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
3/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/14/13
Read From Fermat little theorem to 'la theoreme "dernier" du Fermat -- and
the next one'
Brian Q. Hutchings
12/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/31/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/31/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/31/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
1/2/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/4/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/4/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
1/4/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
wheretogo