Replies: 83   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 12:58 AM

Virgil

In article
<49c23543-93cb-4fa8-8130-609cabfac2b4@z8g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > There is no other criterion.

There are others for those who do not live in Wolkenmuekenheim.

> > In logic, discernibility is taken to be with
> > respect to properties.

> Can't a number be considered to be a property?

In his Wolkenmuekenheim, WM can consider anything he pleases.

> > Your position seems to be that since the names determine
> > the model which, in turn, determines the truth, then the
> > names are the only criterion.

> The model determines the truth if the rules which have to be obeyed by
> the names are taken from observation of reality.

Mathematics takes very little directly from reality, and even that is
taken in highly abstracted form.

--

Date Subject Author
Zaljohar@gmail.com