Topic: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 10:21 PM

JT

Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.

On 6 Jan, 04:08, forbisga...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, January 5, 2013 6:29:36 PM UTC-8, JT wrote:
> > Numb and mindless, no it does not compare the numbers have weight and
> > are placed in the binary tree depending on weight, i do not compare it
> > with other values in tree. Can you understand or do you need a
> > translator into stupidness?

> So, how do you place them in a binary tree depending upon weight
> without comparison?  Do you not understand the binary insertion sort?
>
> I don't feel like reading your java.  I don't know why you consider
> only numbers between 0 and 255.  Do you think all items to be sorted
> fall into this category?  Then you just use the number to be sorted
> and increment it.  I don't speak java.  Can't you do countval[dval[i]]++
> in java?
>
> We used to use hashing algorithms to access bank accounts.  Speed was
> important.  We create a hash from the account number and read that
> secotor of disk and verified the account number.  If two numbers hashed
> to the same sector and linked list was made into the overflow sectors.
> Once we got too many hits we just changed the hash.  Sure there was
> lots of empty space and this was expensive but then so was time.  Machines
> weren't as fast as they are now and we couldn't afford core memory.  The
> trade off was more disk memory and unused sectors.  Now we use binary
> indicies compressed on disk.  Even though disk is very cheap the speed
> to uncompress in memory is less than reading extra secotors of disk.

It is not java it is JS if you can not manage copy paste the text into
a txt document, rename extension .html, doubleclick and press the
button to sort i am afraid you are beyond help.

Date Subject Author
1/5/13
Read Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
David Bernier
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Scott Berg
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/6/13
[...]
1/7/13
[...]
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
kiru.sengal@gmail.com
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/6/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
UpChunky
1/6/13