Topic: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 10:21 PM

JT

Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.

On 6 Jan, 07:33, "sanebow" <spaml...@spamless.com> wrote:
> "JT" <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On 6 Jan, 02:51, "fasnsto" <inva...@invalid.com> wrote:
>

> > "JT" <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On 5 Jan, 18:39, forbisga...@gmail.com wrote:

> > >http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3074861/binary-sort-algorithmi
>
> > > Algorithmi? That's sorta correct. it points to:
>
> > >http://www.brpreiss.com/books/opus5/html/page487.html
>
> > > It says:
> > > Whereas a linear search requires O(n) comparisons in the worst case, a
> > > binary search only requires comparisons

> > > and gives this caveat:
> > > The number of comparisons required by the straight insertion sort is in
> > > the worst case as well as on average. Therefore on average, the binary
> > > insertion sort uses fewer comparisons than straight insertion sort. On
> > > the
> > > other hand, the previous section shows that in the best case the running
> > > time for straight insertion is O(n). Since the binary insertion sort
> > > method always does the binary search, its best case running time is .
> > > Table summarizes the asymptotic running times for the two insertion
> > > sorts.

> > > (sorry that didn't all copy. quicksort is probably better in most
> > > cases.)

> >> <snip> So, someone has already put it in order for you. Trivial.
>
> >> your algorithm cannot sort if it fails to compare.
> >You do not know much about recursiv algorithms do you.
>
> and you dont know much about sorting.
>
> sorting is compairing,
> however you indicate someone or something already sorted or placed them in
> order for you,  before your "recrsiv algorithms" simply read the results.
>    simplistic.
> and you are stealing the "pre-sorters effort" and calling it your own, shame
> !

Recursiv algorithms work this way once you construct the algo to run
each digit sized value in a single branch, you can run each digit of
that original value in a single branch, this i not rocket science.
It is just the final countdown.

Date Subject Author
1/5/13
Read Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
David Bernier
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Scott Berg
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/6/13
[...]
1/7/13
[...]
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
kiru.sengal@gmail.com
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/6/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
UpChunky
1/6/13