Replies: 83   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 12:58 AM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

On Jan 6, 7:37 am, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:
> On 1/6/2013 1:42 AM, Virgil wrote:
>

> > In article <x96dnZCwBZhAtXTNnZ2dnUVZ_uSdn...@giganews.com>,
> >   fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:

> >> Science is concerned with objective
> >> knowledge.

> >> Physicalism need not be materialistic.
>
> >> Einstein was a Kantian.  Check at plato.stanford.edu.
>
> >> That quote need not be interpreted the way you
> >> intend it to be interpreted.

> > No quote need be interpreted the way its quoter intended.
>
> Quite true.

Clemens' law of conservation of greath truths: "for each Great Truth,
there's an equal and opposite Great Truth." Einstein: "God doesn't
play dice." Also, "I believe in Spinoza's God, Who reveals Himself in
the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God Who concerns Himself
with the fate and the doings of mankind.", then, "I believe that
whatever we do or live for has its causality; it is good, however,
that we cannot see through to it."

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein

Einstein _firmly_ believed in mathematics as real.

"A truly rational theory would allow us to deduce the elementary
particles (electron,etc.) and not be forced to state them a priori."

Regards,

Ross Finlayson

Date Subject Author
Zaljohar@gmail.com