Topic: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 10:21 PM

JT

Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.

On 7 Jan, 04:32, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 Jan, 03:56, forbisga...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > I've just told you that the pointer implementation of countsort do not
>
> > > need to allocate memory, and that it is recursive working and run each
>
> > > digit length in their bransch. That should be enough to implement it.
>
> > But your code is:
>
> >  valdist="";
> >  for (j=0;j<256;j++){
> >    temp2=countval[j]
> >    for (k=0;k<temp2;k++){
> >     valdist=valdist+j+",";
> >    }

> > Where does that 256 come in?  You're reporting out by
> > spinning through all of the indicies even those with
> > no instances.  A sparse table would waste time spinning
> > through the entries, reporting nothing.  While there are
> > associative memories that will handle arbitrary indicies
> > they are quite expensive and don't really help you in the
> > way you might think.

> No a dynamic alloc memory pointer solution using a binary tree will
> not have any empty indeces.
> I will not show you howto implement the recursive algorithm with digit
> branches, because if you cannot code it you simply not worthy. I did
> already implement it in -97 so it has been around for a while, but it
> is hardly public knowledge outside certain inteligence bureaus. You
> may think i am joking and i am, the joke is on you.

The only pre work that has to be done is a binary conversion and find
out number of digits of the value to sort.

Date Subject Author
1/5/13
Read Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
David Bernier
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Scott Berg
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/6/13
[...]
1/7/13
[...]
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
kiru.sengal@gmail.com
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/6/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
UpChunky
1/6/13