Topic: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 10:21 PM

JT

Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.

On 7 Jan, 07:17, forbisga...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:32:45 PM UTC-8, JT wrote:
> > No a dynamic alloc memory pointer solution using a binary tree will
> > not have any empty indeces.

> Why do you think I pointed you at the page for the binary insertion sort?
> How do you pass through the binary tree without comparisons?  Even if you
> do dynamic leveling it takes time and the results will depend upon the order
> in the "unordered" set.
>
> The old Burroughs DMSII database supported ISAM, B-tree, and hash access
> methods to retrieve data.  Each had their place.  Hash was by far the fastest
> access as long as one didn't have too many overflow pages but it wasn't very
> good for sequential access of the data and the data wasn't ordered other than
> by hash algorithm.
>
> It's interesting that SQLServer seems to handle ordered insertion into
> a b-tree much faster than the Unisys DMSII did.  It seems to keep more
> information lying around.  Maybe it just keeps more of the index in memory.
> Back in the day 64K was a lot of memory, now we're thowing 10s of G at
> machines.  I don't really know and don't care as long as the results
> are satisfactorally fast.  I can import millions of records in a few
> minutes and that's good enough.  I can keep several indexes on huge
> tables and get the data back out very quickly.  That's good enough for
> me.  I don't care to know the specifics of the system's internals unless
> performance is suffering.
>
> You don't know what you're talking about.  You talk like a beginner.
> I don't like responding this way to anyone because I don't like being
> responded to this way by anyone.  Everyone's a beginner at something.
> Go read up on sorts then try writing your own.  You're not up to speed
> on the basics yet.  There's nothing worse than a rude beginner.

Well if you cannot build it you can't, i did. There is no comparissons
only rules for 0=left 1=right and a recursive algorithm at digit
level. You do not need to understand because the once before you
didn't either.

Date Subject Author
1/5/13
Read Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
David Bernier
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Scott Berg
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/6/13
[...]
1/7/13
[...]
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
kiru.sengal@gmail.com
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/6/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
UpChunky
1/6/13