Topic: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Replies: 25   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 1:51 AM

Paul B. Andersen

Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.

On 07.01.2013 07:28, Koobee Wublee wrote:

> Seriously, paul. All that good
> documentations still did not save you from that job in the private
> industry, did it? When someone charging in claiming a Doppler shift
> in 10^-8 should be seriously considered in adjusting the carrier
> frequencies for compensations, the management just have to do the best
> for either parties. :-)

This is about the GPS again.

What "someone charging in claiming":
http://tinyurl.com/bdzm4k
<<
The reason, and only reason, why the frequency standard is
corrected for relativistic effects is to make the SV clock
run synchronously with the ground clocks.

That the carrier and shipping frequencies also are adjusted is
just a side effect because all frequencies are derived from
the same frequency standard.

The carrier frequencies, like all other frequencies,
are at the receiver Doppler shifted between ± 3E-7.
The satellites are moving!
This is equivalent to a frequency shift of the carriers
in the order of kHz. Since the bandwidth of the channels
is ca. 20 MHz, this is of no consequence for the receiver.

The Doppler shift may be almost a thousand times more than
the minute GR-correction, so of bloody course the -4.4647E-10
offset is of no consequence whatsoever for the receiver!
AND NOBODY EVER SAID OTHERWISE!

How can
"the Doppler shift is of no consequence for the receiver"
become
"a Doppler shift in 10^-8 should be seriously considered
in adjusting the carrier frequencies for compensations"

Either you have a serious reading comprehension problem,
or you are deliberately lying about what I have said.

I suspect the latter.

--
Paul

http://www.gethome.no/paulba/

Date Subject Author
1/4/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Koobee Wublee
1/4/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Sylvia Else
1/4/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/4/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Koobee Wublee
1/5/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Sylvia Else
1/5/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
1/5/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Koobee Wublee
1/6/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Sylvia Else
1/6/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Koobee Wublee
1/6/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Sylvia Else
1/6/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
1/6/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Paul B. Andersen
1/7/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Koobee Wublee
1/7/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Paul B. Andersen
1/7/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Vilas Tamhane
1/7/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Dono
1/7/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Koobee Wublee
1/7/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Vilas Tamhane
1/7/13
Read Re: Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/8/13