Topic: how to plot a function subject to constraints.
Replies: 14   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 1:15 PM

Matt J

Re: how to plot a function subject to constraints.

"Matt J" wrote in message <kceund$7ff$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> Forget my last message. It's flat because, with x(1) and x(4) fixed, f(x) reduces to the formula for a plane.

I now notice that this isn't precisely true, either. I can only assume that the nonlinear term of g

0.04811*x(4)*x(2)*x(3)

is constrained to be small in the region you're plotting over.