Topic: pass input data to Matlab standalone executable file
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 4:46 PM

Matt J

Re: pass input data to Matlab standalone executable file

"Ying " <zhangyingdalian@gmail.com> wrote in message <kcf3s6$rcc$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a series of data files (currently temporarily stored in excel files) generated from another engine. I would like to link these data file to a standalone executable file (written in Matlab) I do NOT have the original .m file code since it is confidential. The .exe works like a blackbox and I would like to understand how it is possible to link my input data into this black box, and somehow obtain a series of output data after running .exe.
>
> I apologize for such an unspecific question, but I guess I just need a starting point where I could try out some of the methods available.
>
> For now, I tried 'import' my excel spreadsheet directly into matlab, store it in matrix format, and I tried ! Start_StageII_packages (my data file name). But it says 'Start_StageII_packages' is not recognized as an internal or external operable program or batch file...

When you launch the .exe does it not query you for the data?

If not, you could try running it from the DOS command line, something like