Topic: A size criterion: a question
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jan 9, 2013 1:22 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: A size criterion: a question

On 7 Jan., 08:21, Butch Malahide <fred.gal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In fact, it's consistent with ZF that there are sets x and y such that
> both |x| > |y| and |y| = |x|. Also, there can be sets x and y such
> that |x| > |y| and |y| > |x|.

Fine but why do you call that consistent? Oh, I see. You said
consistent with ZF, i.e., you mean of same state of logic: |x| > |y|
and |y| > |x| is as meaningful a theory as ZF.

Agreed.

Regards, WM