Topic: A size criterion: a question
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jan 9, 2013 1:22 PM

Virgil

Re: A size criterion: a question

In article
<e83bb9c5-3a51-4ba8-be5d-61577a45f2a3@d4g2000vbw.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 7 Jan., 08:21, Butch Malahide <fred.gal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > In fact, it's consistent with ZF that there are sets x and y such that
> > both |x| > |y| and |y| = |x|. Also, there can be sets x and y such
> > that |x| > |y| and |y| > |x|.

> Fine but why do you call that consistent? Oh, I see. You said
> consistent with ZF, i.e., you mean of same state of logic: |x| > |y|
> and |y| > |x| is as meaningful a theory as ZF.
>
> Agreed.

WM has no idea what he is really agreeing to, just as he rarely has any
idea what he is objecting to.

Butch's statements were based on a nan-standard definition of
|x| > |y| and |y| = |x|