Topic: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 9:50 PM

Kaba

Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not

8.1.2013 0:11, Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
> Your rant is, frankly, silly. We're talking about a constant factor
> here. Either we write 2pi or tau. Hell, in LaTeX, it's even the same
> number of characters!

It is the form and structure of the formulae and constructions which are
better exposed by well-chosen abstraction and syntaxes. That's the point.

> Well, pick your battles, but don't expect others to care.As for me,

Oh, I don't :D Care who want's to care.

> I'm much more concerned about the blatant misuse of the word "like". I
> think I'll try to stop full-growed adults from saying "I was like" when
> they mean "I replied". Now, that's an important war to wage.

That's an honorable quest:)

--
http://kaba.hilvi.org