Topic: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 9:50 PM

Jesse F. Hughes

Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not

Kaba <kaba@nowhere.com> writes:

> 8.1.2013 0:11, Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
>> Your rant is, frankly, silly. We're talking about a constant factor
>> here. Either we write 2pi or tau. Hell, in LaTeX, it's even the same
>> number of characters!

> It is the form and structure of the formulae and constructions which are
> better exposed by well-chosen abstraction and syntaxes. That's the point.
>

>> Well, pick your battles, but don't expect others to care.As for me,
>
> Oh, I don't :D Care who want's to care.
>

>> I'm much more concerned about the blatant misuse of the word "like". I
>> think I'll try to stop full-growed adults from saying "I was like" when
>> they mean "I replied". Now, that's an important war to wage.

> That's an honorable quest:)

Glad you're with me on this. Next week, we storm the "This American
Life" towers. Oh, they do good work, but they gotta be made to see the
light.

--
"And yes, for those who think that just maybe I did find a short proof
of Fermat's Last Theorem, and THE prime counting function, if I