Topic: A size criterion: a question
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jan 9, 2013 1:22 PM

Zaljohar@gmail.com

Re: A size criterion: a question

On Jan 7, 3:14 am, Butch Malahide <fred.gal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 6:12 pm, Butch Malahide <fred.gal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > In this example, according to the definitions proposed by the original
> > poster, we have both |u| = |w| and |w| > |u|.

> [Typo corrected.]

I didn't propose any 'definitions', I proposed 'characterizations' of
primitive notions. Accordingly you CANNOT have |u|=|w| and |w|>|u| as
long as we are extending a theory extending identity theory. Without
axioms of identity theory however that might be possible?

Zuhair