Topic: 'At Right Angles' - a journal from India
Replies: 14   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 12:50 PM

Louis Talman

Re: 'At Right Angles' - a journal from India

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 12:08:33 -0700, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:

>> But it's worse than that. Google remembers what you've
>> searched in the past, and it tailors what it presents
>> you to what you've looked for previously. So different
>> people may get different results from the same search.

> For most people most of the time, this is probably a wonderful
> feature, one that is easy enough to defeat. For obvious reasons, I like
> to clear my browser cache with some regularity, anyway.

Do you really think that Google doesn't remember your IP address?

Your ISP may change it every now and then. Still...

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you have other identifying features
that allow Google to connect the dots.

- --Lou Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>