Topic: axis size changes when removing tick labels
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 22, 2013 4:23 PM

dpb

Re: axis size changes when removing tick labels

On 1/9/2013 1:27 PM, rachael wrote:
> Is there a simple way to fix the axis size so that it stays the same
> size w/ or w/o tick labels?
>
> Currently, when I set my 'yticklabel' to [], my axes2 become larger. I
> would like it to stay the same size w/ or w/o labels.
> I'm running matlab R2012b (8.0.0.783) on OSX Mountain Lion.

Hmmm....on Winders (XP) if'en I set the same sizes as your example then do a

set(ax2,'yticklabel',[])

I see no changes in axis size.

Do you get any joy if you plot first, _then_ clear the tick labels?