Topic: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Replies: 28   Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 7:25 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee

Michael Paul Goldenberg (MPG) posted Jan 10, 2013 12:32 AM:
> Well, careful you don't destroy your mill, Haim.
> Here's a bit more grist for it on the Rhee front:
> http://bit.ly/XNQJfU
>
> "The Empire Michelle Rhee Built"
> By Charles P. Pierce

As a total outsider to US education (in fact, someone who was once commanded by Haim to *"BUTT OUT!"*) - but someone who is nonetheless most keenly interested in the 'state of education' in the US - may I say the article "The Empire that Michelle Rhee Built", by Charles P. Pierce, was excellent. Thank you, MPG, for providing that link - and may I say that it's good to see you back here, even if only thus on rare occasion.

At least as good as the article itself (perhaps even better!!) were the comments from readers.

In fact - after spending a fair bit of time to read through ALL of those reactions - I believe you already have practically all the makings of a truly effective public school education system for the US available right there in the many ideas expressed. All that's required is to gather them up and to develop an Action Plan from them, i.e., an 'action path' showing clearly how things you could do right now - today, tomorrow, every day - might "CONTRIBUTE TO" desirable aims and goals of the US public school education system. It will take a while to get done, but it certainly can be done.

(REMARKABLE FACT OBSERVED: I found there, amongst those reader-commentators, one Brian Yoder, who seemed to be almost the spitting fanatic image of Haim over here! Except that he did not actually write "PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!" in those very words, that was in fact his theme-song).

*For those of you who may be interested (including Haim) I do NOT intend to obey Haim's command. I'll jus' keep on "Shoveling Away"!*

GSC
(With apologies if due to Barry Garelick for any tedium caused; and with the observation that the EASY way out of all such tedium is to refrain from opening any message that purports to originate from GSC).

Date Subject Author
1/9/13
Read Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Haim
1/9/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
GS Chandy
1/9/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Haim
1/9/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Wayne Bishop
1/9/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
GS Chandy
1/9/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/9/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/9/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/9/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
GS Chandy
1/10/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
israeliteknight
1/10/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/10/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Domenico Rosa
1/11/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Wayne Bishop
1/10/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Haim
1/11/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Wayne Bishop
1/11/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Robert Hansen
1/11/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
GS Chandy
1/11/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/11/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/12/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Haim
1/12/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Haim
1/13/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/14/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Haim
1/14/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/14/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Haim
1/17/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
GS Chandy
1/15/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/15/13
Read Re: Frontline: The Education of Michelle Rhee
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/16/13