Topic: How to run .exe file from matlab
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jan 11, 2013 10:03 AM

Steven Lord

Re: How to run .exe file from matlab

"E U" <uzun_el@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have similar problem. I have a simple fortran code (test.exe) which
> takes exponential of a number. I want to run this code several times from
> matlab as follows: open an input.dat file, write a number into it, call
> test.exe and then write the output to output.dat file.
> The associated matlab code is as follows:

> When I compile the fortran code on a 32 bit machine and then run the above
> matlab code on 32 bit matlab installed on 32 bit machine it works.
> However, if I compile the fortran code on a 64 bit machine and then run
> the above matlab code on 64 bit matlab installed on 64 bit machine it does
> not work! What can be the reason?

Define "does not work" -- does it throw an error? Does it issue a warning?
Does it give you a different answer than you expect? Does it crash MATLAB or
your machine?

Post that information to the group and someone may be able to offer a
suggestion; determining the cause of this problem may require posting a
SMALL section of your Fortran code as well, but let's start with the answer
to the question above.

Steve Lord