Topic: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF CANTOR:
THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!

Replies: 47   Last Post: Jan 12, 2013 11:33 AM

Virgil

Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!

In article
<4da867b9-37cb-4c67-9669-5553500f0ca9@c28g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 10 Jan., 22:14, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
>

> > WM can prevent himself from thinking outside the finite only box of
> > WMytheology, but, fortunately cannot prevent anyone else from doing so.
> > --

> Prove your position by identifying a path that is missing in the
> Binary Tree and tell me by what combination of nodes you identified
> it.

From MY binary tree none are missing, but since WM will not list for me
the paths in HIS tree, I have no way of knowing which paths he has
included and which ones he hasw therefore omitted.

> Unless you cannot do that I do not believe that there are more
> than countably many paths definable by nodes

What you believe is not evidence, nor proof of anything except the
unreliability of your WMytheology

And I have no idea what your "defined by nodes" allows or does not allow
until you give an example of some path that is "defined by nodes" and a
path which is defined some other way.

Note: I can define a path by citing the set of levels at which it
branches left.

For any irrational real in [0,1], I can define either of two paths by
its binary expansion. For binary rationals (having a finite and an
infinite binary expansion) any of 4 paths.
--

Date Subject Author
1/9/13
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
Zaljohar@gmail.com
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
Virgil
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
JT
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
JT
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
Zaljohar@gmail.com
1/10/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
1/10/13
[...]
1/11/13
[...]