Topic: Cell Syntax Quiz
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 11, 2013 8:28 PM

dpb

Re: Cell Syntax Quiz

On 1/11/2013 2:28 AM, Greg Heath wrote:
On 1/11/2013 2:28 AM, Greg Heath wrote:
> % CELL SYNTAX QUIZ

> isequal( A{ : } , A{ : , : } )

OK, I see after looking more that it isn't as I suspected initially a
test between curlies and parens so much but more on dereferencing...

isequal( [A{ : }] , [A{ : , : }] )

I'm not sure how the parser deals w/ the comma-separated list in an
argument, precisely because again it's not documented thoroughly beyond
just the description (wonder whether ever heard that from me before? :)
).

The actual content is the same as the [] shows altho clearly the
representation seen by the parser passed to the function has something
invisible that distinguishes the two. What, precisely, that is, I don't
know. Steve?