Topic: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF CANTOR:
THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!

Replies: 47   Last Post: Jan 12, 2013 11:33 AM

Virgil

Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!

In article
<c4a1d2eb-a386-41e7-bfe2-1e9b93bfa406@p17g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 11 Jan., 09:54, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I would easily get it if you could identify a path that supports your
> > > assertion by being identified by nodes. Prove your claim by
> > > identifying a path that is missing and tell me by what combination of
> > > nodes you identified it. Unless you cannot do that I think that your
> > > babbling about more than countably many paths is of the same quality
> > > as your babbling about Cantor's statements, which you obviously have
> > > never read, let alone understood.

> > I already SHOWED you that path by diagonalizing each countable set of
> > infinite paths of the complete infinite binary tree

> You showed nothing but your intellectual impotence.

Zuhair's ""intellectual impotence" is far more fertile than WM's.

> An anti-diagonal of the set of all finite paths cannot differ from all
> finite paths at a finite index.

It does not have to differ from all at the same index if it can differ
from different ones at different indices, which it can do.

> But there are no infinite indices.

Irrelevant!

> Name a path that is missing in my Binary Tree containing all nodes
> constructed from countably many paths.

Show that your set of paths is countable by listing them and non-members
will then be easy to find.

> > It
> > is YOUR misinterpretation of Cantors,

> Have you meanwhile found a quote of Cantor's that supports your
> assertion?

All of them do.
--

Date Subject Author
1/9/13
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
Zaljohar@gmail.com
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
Virgil
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
JT
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
JT
1/9/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
Zaljohar@gmail.com
1/10/13
Read Re: FAILURE OF THE DISTINGUISHABILITY ARGUMENT. THE TRIUMPH OF
CANTOR: THE REALS ARE UNCOUNTABLE!
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
1/10/13
[...]
1/11/13
[...]