Topic: Ask for help: how to let mathematica output Fortran code with fewest
float operations?

Replies: 9   Last Post: Jan 13, 2013 7:27 PM

Tang Laoya

Re: Ask for help: how to let mathematica output Fortran code with
fewest float operations?

On Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:28:14 PM UTC+8, Axel Vogt wrote:
> On 13.01.2013 15:29, Tang Laoya wrote:
>

> > On Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:27:14 PM UTC+8, Tang Laoya wrote:

> > On the other hand, in maple, I have the following code:
>

> > with(codegen, fortran)
>
> > solutions := solve({x*y*z = b, x+y+z = a, x^2+y^2+z^2 = 1}, {x, y, z})
>
> > sol := map(allvalues, solutions)
>
> > fortran(sol, optimized, mode = double)
>

> > The following errors displayed:

> Are you aware, what Maple finds are 6 generic solutions,
>
> parametric in a and b, and that they are complex valued
>
> in general?

Hi Axel Vogt,

Thank you very much for your kindly reply. I think that the complex solutions should not effect the output to Fortran code, isn't it?

On the other hand, what I posted is just an example and I want to know how to let it simplify the express or output to Fortran code. The real problem is much more complex than this one. As Prof. Fateman pointed out, it is meanless to solve so complex equations since it is much better to solve the equations by numerical method.

Thanks,
Tang Laoya