Topic: The MYTH of UNCOMPUTABLE FUNCTIONS
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jan 14, 2013 5:20 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: The MYTH of UNCOMPUTABLE FUNCTIONS

On Jan 14, 2:16 pm, Rupert <rupertmccal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:57:26 PM UTC+1, Graham Cooper wrote:

> > > A function from a set A to a set B is an arbitrary rule, which, given a member of A, gives you a unique member of B. There does not need to be an algorithm which will compute the outcome of the rule.
>
> > you just substituted the word computer with algorithm
>
> > Herc
>
> You want me to define "algorithm"? Why don't you read a textbook on recursion theory?

Because "Recursion Theory" whatever theory that may be

is just a bunch of idiots putting the word "Recursive" before 20
different other idiotic maths terms about phantom bullshit

when the Authors and their Sap Students couldn't even program a FOR
LOOP yet alone a recursive program.

Here is a RECURSIVE 5TH GENERATION LANGUAGE construct for SUBSET
capable of implementing the FORALL QUANTIFIER that is executable via
reverse Modus Ponens to any Axiomatic base.

PROLOG+ A CONCEPT DATABASE MANAGEMENT LANGUAGE (DBML)

We add simple breadth first extensions to PROLOG CLAUSES.

Y> next record
Y< prev record
Y>> last record
Y<< 1st record

AXIOM OF FINITE SUBSETS
-----------------------

subs(A,X,Y) <- e(A>>,X) ^ e(A,Y).

subs(A,X,Y) <- e(A,Y) ^ e(A>,X) ^ subs(A,X,Y).

ss(X,Y) <- e(A<<,X) ^ subs(A,X,Y).

AXIOM OF FINITE SET EQUALITY
----------------------------

equals(X,Y) <- ss(X,Y) ^ ss(Y,X).

e.g.

?- ss(rower,male).
YES

?- equals(rower,male).
NO

*****************

Considering you are incapable of spotting the RECUSION
in this tiny bit of code, yet alone the FOR LOOP
it emulates, processing through each record

subs(A,X,Y) <- e(A>>,X) ^ e(A,Y).
subs(A,X,Y) <- e(A,Y) ^ e(A>,X) ^ subs(A,X,Y).
ss(X,Y) <- e(A<<,X) ^ subs(A,X,Y).

and the term 'pure function' eludes you

maybe it is you who should sit back and do some reading?

Herc
--
www.microPROLOG.com