Topic: Problem with clearing text from axes
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 3:44 PM

Bruno Luong

Re: Problem with clearing text from axes

"Kate J." wrote in message <kcvvog$qht$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> function Update(block)
> % correctly-performing animation code here
> % Add Task Number display
> if (iteration == 0)
> txtHandle = sprintf('Task #%d',taskNumber);
> set(text(0.4,0.6,txtHandle), 'FontName', 'Arial', 'Color', [0,0,0]);
> end

It looks like you mix between text handle and string. What you call txtHandle is actually the string, and you forgot to keep track of the handle.

> % this is the non-functional part
> if(iteration == endVal)
> delete(txtHandle);
> end

We can't see the code that update the text beside first and last iteration.