Topic: axis labels in imagesc
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 10:06 AM

Steven Lord

Re: axis labels in imagesc

"Stephan Buchert" <stephanb007@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I want to plot an image which is a scan by a meteorological radar. So the
> y axis is supposed to show the range, and the image rows are at increasing
> range. Meteorologists expect to see the lowest range at the bottom. So I
> need to use imagesc(x, y, idat) with y(1)>y(2), or imagesc(x, y,
> flipud(idat)), and the image is upside down as I want it, fine. The
> problem is that I want also the y axis to start with the lowest range, but
> imagesc(x, y, ...) always puts the lowest ticks at the top, no matter
> whether y(1)<y(2) or y(1)>y(2). How can I get imagesc to plot the y axis
> as in normal plots?

IMAGE (and IMAGESC) set the YDir property of the axes to 'reverse'. To undo
this, set the YDir property of the axes to 'normal'.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/axes_props.html#YDir

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com