Topic: interpolation on geometric progression data
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 5:19 PM

dpb

Re: interpolation on geometric progression data

On 1/15/2013 1:24 PM, Anil Kumar Palaparthi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to interpolate my data whose 'x' values are in geometric
> progression rather than linear. For example, x =
> [0.005,0.01,0.02,0.04,0.08] and 'y' can be anything.
> Can anyone suggest me how I can interpolate this kind of data?
> Is there a specific algorithm that can interpolate geometric progression
> data?

interp1() has options other than linear for the interpolant--as for the
independent values, it doesn't care about the spacing.

If you don't have a functional form for the y, then there's no real
reason to choose one interpolating functional over another it would seem.