Topic: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in
defending fun

Replies: 40   Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 11:45 AM

Louis Talman

Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in
defending fun

att1.html (2.0 K)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:15:49 -0700, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2013, at 10:21 PM, Michael Paul Goldenberg
> <mikegold@umich.edu> wrote:
>

>> Of course, honest critics of Boaler's work would admit that they don't
>> have their own experiments upon which to >>justify the grandfathered
>> methods of mathematics education they prefer.

> Oh, but I do. Of course, I am out "here" with decades of experience and
> going through hundreds and hundreds of resumes with decades of
> experience, while >"educationalists" can only suppose or fancy what
> education must be about or for.
>
> Bob Hansen

Real scientists know the difference between the words "experiment" and
"experience", and they do not suggest that it is possible to substitute
the latter for the former.

--Lou Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>

Date Subject Author
1/9/13
Read Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in
defending fun
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/9/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in defending fun
Robert Hansen
1/9/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in
defending fun
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/10/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in defending fun
Robert Hansen
1/9/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in
defending fun
GS Chandy
1/10/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in defending fun
Robert Hansen
1/10/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in
defending fun
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/10/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in defending fun
Robert Hansen
1/14/13
[...]
1/11/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in defending fun
Robert Hansen
1/10/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in
defending fun
Haim
1/11/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in
defending fun
GS Chandy
1/14/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in
defending fun
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/15/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in defending fun
Robert Hansen
1/15/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in
defending fun
Louis Talman
1/15/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in defending fun
Robert Hansen
1/16/13
Read Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in
defending fun
Greg Goodknight
1/15/13
[...]
kirby urner