Topic: Export with append??
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 18, 2013 12:49 AM

Maarten van der Burgt

Re: Export with append??

Dear Alexei,

Thanks for your help. Hope the Wolfram folks are reading this as well.
Something simple like this should really be an option in the function
Export.

Meanwhile I found back something similar for XLS files in my knowledge
base:

XLAppend[oldfile_, newfile_, newdata_] := Module[

{sheets, olddata, completedata},

sheets = Import[oldfile, "Sheets"];

olddata = {#, Import[oldfile, {"Sheets", #}]} & /@ sheets;

completedata = Join[olddata, newdata];

Export[newfile, Rule @@@ completedata]

]

Best regards,

Maarten

Maarten van der Burgt

Product Engineering - ICOS Division

KLA-Tencor | ICOS Division
Tel: +32 16 398220 | Direct: +32 16 398263 | Fax: +32 16 400067

KLA-TENCOR (Belgium) - Haasrode Research Park 1112 - Esperantolaan 8 -
B-3001 Leuven - BELGIUM

Mail: maarten.vanderburgt@kla-tencor.com