Topic: NOVA new update on NEANDERTHAL but no mention of HACNS1 gene #185
Rockthrowing theory book

Replies: 39   Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 4:03 PM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

co-evolution of reduction in hair, skin color and Vitamin D
uptake;NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #191 Rockthrowing theory book

On Jan 15, 5:16 am, Archimedes Plutonium
<plutonium.archime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> > of 33,000 years ago and from Sapiens that were contemporaries of
> > Neanderthal.

> > Now there has been a theory going around as to the Swimming Sapiens as
> > the way Sapiens lost most of their body hair and become the hairless
> > ape. I do not buy that, except for one application.

> > How close is Tuscany to the Mediterranean Sea of 33,000 years ago?
>
> > It is possible that the African sapiens that invaded Europe and
> > extincted Neanderthal were clustered in Tuscany and lived close to the
> > Med. Sea. It is possible that they spent so much time near the Sea,
> > that over 10,000 years they would mutate the genes for less hair as an
> > advantage in swimming. How warm is the Med. Sea in winter in Tuscany?

> > Also, I would like to remind the reader that this theory of
> > Rockthrowing starts in Italy near Sardina some 8 to 10 million years
> > ago with a ape creature throwing rocks to a habit of throwing rocks
> > that conferred many advantages and increasing his mating and
> > offspring. This throwing ape creature would eventually migrate into
> > Africa, and become Orrorin. So was there a full land bridge between
> > Tuscany, Sardinia and Africa?

> > I know Gilbraltor harbors monkeys from Africa? Do monkeys somehow find
> > a means of crossing the Med. Sea, on perhaps logs adrift? Could
> > monkeys and apes some 10 million years ago have made a crossing of
> > Sicily into Northern Africa?
> > So it would be ironic that the birthplace of humanity starts in
> > Sardinia Italy some 8 to 10 million years ago and migrates into Africa
> > and then some 60,000 years ago the African Sapiens migrated back north
> > into Europe. So they came full circle.

> Thinking about the above, it dawned on me that the loss of hair, as
> one author in the 20th century titled his book "The Naked Ape", but
> the loss of hair was not due to swimming and living near water, but
> rather this logical means-- how can you have white skin and take in
> sunlight for Vitamin D if your body is covered in hair?
>
> Has any anatomist researched whether other animals take in sunlight to
> produce Vitamin D, or is Homo sapiens unique to taking in sunlight for
> Vitamin D?
>
> So if you had a hairy ape such as a chimpanzee or orangutan
> or gorilla, could you take in sunlight and convert to Vitamin D for
> health advantage?
>
> So the logic is, that once you have the genetics that converts
> sunlight to Vitamin D, then that advantage would spur the genetics for
> less hair to gain more Vitamin D. Now in the Tropics of Africa, loss
> of hair would mean sunburn for there is too much sunlight, so for that
> to balance out, the skin genetics favored dark skin.
>
> So here I think I found the genetic mechanism for loss of hair for
> Homo sapiens to allow for Vitamin D uptake.
>
> Now I wonder when this took place in Homo sapiens history? Was it
> 60,000 years ago or earlier? Did Neanderthal have less hair and

Now I took a look at Wikipedia's entry of Vitamin D, and I do not know
what the author had in mind when he/she snuck in the word "unique" for
it makes the complex sentence obfuscating to me:

--- quoting Wikipedia on Vitamin D ---
In humans, vitamin D is unique because it can be ingested as
cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) or ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) and
because the body can also synthesize it (from cholesterol) when sun
exposure is adequate (hence its nickname, the "sunshine vitamin").
--- end quote ---

I had a search of other primates and their need of Vitamin D so the
use of the word "unique" is very vague in the above.

But I am happy over this escapade of linking the evolution of hair
loss for Homo Sapiens with that of skin color and Vitamin D uptake.

Before, I was of no opinion as to how Homo Sapiens became a "Naked
Ape". And as far as rockthrowing theory is concerned, loss of hair was
an advantage so long as the hair lost was an impediment to throwing.
Say the hair around the eyes, for if there was a lot of hair around
the eyes could be fatal in a battle with predators or another tribe of
early humans.

And I suppose the Aquatic Ape theory, that our early ancestors lived
mostly in a aquatic environment was a silly-theory to answer the hair
loss of Homo sapiens.

But now, it appears I stumbled on the correct path to explaining how
or why early Homo sapiens became the "Naked Ape".

I think there is a term in evolutionary biology of co-evolution which
means several traits evolve together, where trait A is a function of
trait B. Here the traits are 1) hair reduction 2) skin color 3)
Vitamin D uptake
4) warmth. So we have at least four factors influencing one another
and likely others not mentioned.

So we have Homo sapiens moving North into Europe some 60,000 years ago
and by 30,000 years ago all the Neanderthals gone extinct.

Now was these Sapiens moving north already having reduction of hair or
did they have mutations in Europe some 10,000 years upon arriving
there? Well the climate is colder in Europe than in Africa, so the
Sapiens would have covered up their bodies with skin hides to keep
warm. That covering would mean less sunlight and less vitamin D. And
were these Sapien invaders already having a dark skin or did they have
a lighter skin before they moved North? Let us assume they had dark
skin and after living near Tuscany Italy for 10,000 years and wearing
clothing that the advantage of reduction in hair and a whiter skin
would help in vitamin D uptake.

So let us assume that the African sapien invaders of Europe some
60,000 years ago were of dark skin and a lot more hair than modern day
sapiens. That living in Europe for many thousands of years, especially
around Tuscany that the genetic advantage accrued to those with
mutations that would be a whiter skin with reduction in hair in order
to take in more vitamin D.

Now in the NOVA show, they hacked on and on about Neanderthal
interbreeding with Sapiens to confer extra health immunity to European
diseases. One has to wonder, though, whether Neanderthal was more
white skinned than the invading sapiens? And one has to wonder whether
the Sapiens just evolved towards a whiter skin, reduction in hair
without ever any Neanderthal interbreeding.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Date Subject Author
1/10/13
Read NOVA new update on NEANDERTHAL but no mention of HACNS1 gene #185
Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/10/13
Read Re: NOVA new update on NEANDERTHAL but no mention of HACNS1 gene
#185 Rockthrowing theory book
BJACOBY@teranews.com
1/11/13
Read HACNS1 gene; mistakes of logic by Paabo & Green #187 Rockthrowing
theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/12/13
Read Re: HACNS1 Libeling by Scumbag plutonium. Paabo on Notice.
bacle
1/12/13
Read Re: HACNS1 gene; mistakes of logic by Paabo & Green #187 Rockthrowing
theory book
Claudius Denk
1/13/13
Read Re: HACNS1 gene; mistakes of logic by Paabo & Green #187
Rockthrowingtheory book
RT
1/12/13
Read HACNS1 gene; mistakes of logic by NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #188
Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/12/13
Read Re: HACNS1 gene; mistakes of logic by NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #188 Rockthrowing theory book
bacle
1/15/13
Read skin color and hair amount of Neanderthal versus contemparory
Sapiens; NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #189 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/15/13
Read loss of hair for Sapiens was convergent genetics with skin color and
Vitamin D uptake;NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #190 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/16/13
Read co-evolution of reduction in hair, skin color and Vitamin D
uptake;NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #191 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/16/13
Read Re: Go Hang Yourself, you Worthless Waste-of-F&%^ng Life
f8ckplutonium
1/16/13
Read origins of the White, Black, and Yellow races NOVA "Decoding
Neanderthal" #192 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/16/13
Read Re: Origins of the Clan of Pretentious ignorant Baboon Plutonium
f8ckplutonium
1/16/13
Read Re: Hey, you Fucking Asshole: Go Dump your Mental Diarrhea Elsewhere.
f8ckplutonium
1/17/13
Read was the Tuscan Man the rootstock of all the races of modern man; NOVA
"Decoding Neanderthal" #193 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/18/13
Read Origin of Races and minimum size for a viable population; NOVA
"Decoding Neanderthal" #194 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/19/13
Read Re: Origin of Races and minimum size for a viable population; NOVA
"Decoding Neanderthal" #195 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/20/13
Read vitamin D theory for origin of races; NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal"
#196 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/24/13
Read Species-Accelerants of biological evolution -- small mating
populations; NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #197 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/25/13
Read inbreeding as a species-accelerant ; NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #198
Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/25/13
Read Re: inbreeding as a species-accelerant ; NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal"
#198 Rockthrowing theory book
David Bernier
1/25/13
Read use fruit flies to get a number data Re: inbreeding as a
species-accelerant ; NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #199 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/25/13
Read Re: use fruit flies to get a number data Re: inbreeding as a species-accelerant ; NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #199 Rockthrowing theory book
bacle
1/26/13
Read inbreeding as increasing the mutation rate of a species ; NOVA
"Decoding Neanderthal" #200 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/26/13
Read Re: use fruit flies to get a number data Re: inbreeding as a species-accelerant
; NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #199 Rockthrowing theory book
David Bernier
1/26/13
Read proving that inbreeding increases mutation rate ; NOVA "Decoding
Neanderthal" #201 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/18/13
Read Re: origins of the White, Black, and Yellow races NOVA "Decoding
Neanderthal" #192 Rockthrowing theory book
pete
1/16/13
Read Re: skin color and hair amount of Neanderthal versus contemparory Sapiens; NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #189 Rockthrowing theory book
bacle
1/16/13
Read Re: HACNS1 gene; mistakes of logic by Paabo & Green #187 Rockthrowing theory book
f8ckplutonium
1/11/13
Read NOVA needs a "logic editor" for its shows #186 Rockthrowing theory book
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
1/16/13
Read Re: Throw a Rock to Your Face Really Hard, Asshole plutonium
bacle
1/11/13
Read Re: NOVA new update on NEANDERTHAL but no mention of HACNS1 gene #185 Rockthrowing theory book
bacle
1/11/13
Read Re plutonium Admits he's the Result of Interbreeding.
bacle
1/11/13
Read Re: NOVA new update on NEANDERTHAL but no mention of HACNS1 gene #185 Rockthrowing theory book
bacle
1/11/13
Read Re: NOVA new update on NEANDERTHAL but no mention of HACNS1 gene #185 Rockthrowing theory book
bacle
1/12/13
Read Re:Coward plutonium Never Criticizes Without Hiding
bacle
1/16/13
Read Re: plutonium Is a FRAUD .Pretending is what
bacle
1/16/13
Read Re: plutonium Is a FRAUD .Pretending is what....
bacle
1/16/13
Read Re: Germanic Trash plutonium's Worthless Life. .
bacle