Topic: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?

Replies: 25   Last Post: Jan 16, 2013 2:36 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th Grade?

On Jan 15, 2013, at 9:54 PM, Michael Paul Goldenberg <mikegold@umich.edu> wrote:

> At the risk of interrupting the speculation-fest about Susan Ohanian's thinking and intent, perhaps one of the fun seekers could have the decency to contact her and ask. It's not exactly hard to find her contact information on-line.
>
> Frankly, though, I do wonder about Richard Hake's decision to share an anecdote from a list that is not open to the public, with folks in this particular venue, given the predictable comments it has evoked. We now have a few of the usual snakes and vipers commenting on Susan Ohanian, a very bright person indeed. I think he has done her a serious disservice, particularly if he didn't request permission beforehand.

He also shared the comments from here as well, but not in whole of course, only snippets taken out of context, along with the author's name. Pleading with him to stop isn't going to help. I have seen others try. That just increases the likelihood that your plea gets its own tiny url and placed out of context in his next iteration of spam.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
1/14/13
Read Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Richard Hake
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th Grade?
GS Chandy
1/14/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Dave L. Renfro
1/14/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th Grade?
GS Chandy
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Dave L. Renfro
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th Grade?
Robert Hansen
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Louis Talman
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th Grade?
Robert Hansen
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Louis Talman
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Dave L. Renfro
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Richard Hake
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/16/13