Topic: simplifying rational expressions
Replies: 12   Last Post: Jan 28, 2013 12:57 AM

Stan Brown

Re: simplifying rational expressions

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:18:00 -0200, JJAthayde wrote:

> With the help of Google I've found this site:
>
> http://www.quickmath.com/webMathematica3/quickmath/algebra/factor/basic.jsp
>
> As I've seen, it works OnLine, so you'll get a solution immediately.
> I hope this will help you.
> Bye,

That may be good for checking an answer, but it's of little use in
helping a person learn.

That and similar sites seem to me to be basically ways for students
to get their homework done with as little mental work as possible,
and that's a terrible disservice to students.

Because homework is (often) graded, students seem to see homework as
an end in itself, and they fail to understand that its only use is to
help them learn the material and to identify parts that they don't
understand well enough.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...