Topic: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?

Replies: 25   Last Post: Jan 16, 2013 2:36 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?

Robert Hansen (RH, Bob) posted Jan 16, 2013 10:23 PM:

> On Jan 16, 2013, at 11:05 AM, Michael Paul Goldenberg
> <mikegold@umich.edu> wrote:
>

> > GS, please stop. Contact Susan Ohanian directly
> (she has a web site)
>
> Show her your tool for learning calculus.:)
>
> Bob Hansen

Bob:

You might enjoy checking out http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=8070310 , particularly towards the end, where you are quite prominently featured.

I don't quite recall whether you're featured WITH all those wonderful PERT Charts you had famously put up on all the walls of all the halls and corridors of your office, or WITHOUT. I do remember, however, that you're featured with some of those lies you told about the OPMS. :)

GSC
("Still Shoveling!")

Date Subject Author
1/14/13
Read Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Richard Hake
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th Grade?
GS Chandy
1/14/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Dave L. Renfro
1/14/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th Grade?
GS Chandy
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Dave L. Renfro
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th Grade?
Robert Hansen
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Louis Talman
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th Grade?
Robert Hansen
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Louis Talman
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Dave L. Renfro
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Richard Hake
1/15/13
Read Re: Do We Learn All the Math We Need For Ordinary Life Before 5th
Grade?
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/16/13