Topic: Bivariate Pchip
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jan 19, 2013 6:14 AM

Bruno Luong

Re: Bivariate Pchip

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <kd8ef0$qnh$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> What about perform successively pchip along the first dimension, then along the second dimension.

Just a note that I do not know successive 1D pchip gives the same result when swapping the dimensions. For splines with homogeneous conditions such as natural, not-a-knot, periodic, one can do either way, and it provides the same interpolation results as 2D, just the implementation and work-flow is different.

Bruno