Topic: time derivate using mupad
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 1:32 PM

Steven Lord

Re: time derivate using mupad

"radu " <rraduconstantin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have this equation: f:= a*x^2 + b
>
> how can i derivate this with rapport to the time just around x using a and
> b as constants.

Unless you've specified that x is a function of t, f is constant with
respect to t and so the derivative WRT time should be 0.

> this is what i want to obtain:
>
> f:=2*a*x*x'
> is there a way to desine a as a constant so the program will not derivate
> it also?

If you're doing this with Symbolic Math Toolbox:

http://www.mathworks.com/help/symbolic/creating-symbolic-variables-and-expressions.html#bs_tekf-1

I'm not sure of the exact syntax to do the equivalent in MuPAD.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com