Topic: Substitution of Operators
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 18, 2013 10:17 AM

John D'Errico

Re: Substitution of Operators

"Omid " <omid.yousefian88@gmail.com> wrote in message <kdbf2r$lfc$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hello everyone,
>
> I need to substitute one operator in my program with another operator (*. with *)
> but i do not know how it is possible.
> I would appreciate if anyone knows a function which do that.
>
> Thank you in advance

Use the editor? Find and replace should suffice.
Check each occurrence to make sure that .* was
not the real intended operator, or you will create
bugs.

By the way, *. is not a valid matlab operator, but
.* is.

If you really insist on doing this programmatically,
I'd suggest that would be a foolish task. It is too
risky that you create bugs by letting a program
change all occurrences. Don't let your computer do
the thinking or you. Computers are a bit dumber
than people think they are.

John