Topic: Grading Jan Exams?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jan 18, 2013 5:15 PM

Westendorf, Neal

RE: exam exchanges
att1.html (4.2 K)

At Taconic Hills we are thinking along these lines for June. It has the advantage of avoiding all the correction hassles created by SED's plan. Thankfully all of our local districts are the same size within reasonable limits. Another option being considered is pool grading at BOCES or wherever. Our principal will look into these options for us.

Neal Westendorf

From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of JFish@csufsd.org
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 2:50 PM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: exam exchanges

Is your school "farming out" your exams for teachers in another district to score? I'm trying to get a feel for how many schools are doing this because my Principal insists that we do this. He says that "all districts will be doing this within a short time." We have cohorts of roughly 110 students and we are exchanging exams with 3 other schools that will be sending upward of THREE TIMES as many exams as we send out!

We have 4 math teachers, they have as many as 10. How is this right?

Please let me know what your school is doing, especially in June! Thanks in advance!!!!!

Sincerely,

Jim Fish

Mathematics Department
JFK High School
305 Cayuga Creek Road
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
(716)897-7800 ext. 1120

"We the willing, are doing the impossible
for the ungrateful. We have done so much
for so long, with so little, we are now
qualified to do anything with nothing."