Topic: Help using textscan or sscanf
Replies: 21   Last Post: Jan 23, 2013 4:02 PM

dpb

Re: Help using textscan or sscanf

On 1/19/2013 3:10 PM, dpb wrote:

> I only got access to Statistics Toolbox within last couple of weeks so
> have virtually no proficiency w/ the DATASET object but...you can do
> essentially my previous solution (which was correct except I forgot and
> used (end:-9:end) instead of (end-8:end) for the length subscript to get
> 9 characters to append) from a dataset as--

Ewww....I see the problem--the catenation leaves the whole array w/
length 10 in this case so cut off what don't need. OK, need to do a
strjust() first, then pick up the last 9 and then concatenate.

I have to run at the moment but that's the key...if I get a chance
tomorrow I'll try to clean it up....sorry I forgot/missed the obvious
(altho if you caught it in your previous reply it would have been good
to have pointed it out :) ).