Topic: PARI/gp wins my Riemann zeta speed contest, so far
Replies: 9   Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 10:43 PM

James Waldby

Re: PARI/gp wins my Riemann zeta speed contest, so far

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 00:23:08 -0500, David Bernier wrote:

> I had done my own Riemann zeta computations with Bernoulli numbers,
[big snip]
> 3 hours and 34 minutes for 20017 significant digits
> near 1/2 + i*14.134725141734693790457251983562470270784257

> On PARI-gp, I'm trying to get the readline library included.
> That means backspace reprints the previous query, etc.

I assume you use a Linux x86_64 operating system; what
distribution is it? Did you install PARI-gp from a package,
or compile it? PARI-gp as packaged with Ubuntu uses readline
automatically. However, it is up-arrow rather than backspace
that moves through previous queries. Library files include
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libreadline.so.6 and
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libreadline.so.6.2 .

--
jiw