Topic: is this just another attack on AP, or is it a technical problem of Google
Replies: 13   Last Post: Jan 22, 2013 9:01 AM

David Bernier

Re: is this just another attack on AP, or is it a technical problem
of Google

On 01/14/2013 12:48 AM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> About a month or two months ago, the New Google Newsgroups were
> dismissing all of my posts under flagged for abuse. Then that stopped.
>
> But now another insidious attack upon me, is that I can no longer get
> any of the New Google Newsgroups and is stuck with the Old Google
> Newsgroups. Mind you I prefer the Old because the New is crappy in
> trying to post out of. The only good thing about the News Newsgroups
> is that it filters out many of the off-topic nonsense such as HVAC or
> BroilJab or Kevin nutters.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this difficulty in trying to get New
> Google Newsgroups where it comes up saying " NOT FOUND" and "Error
> 404".
>
> So two months ago, my posts were being removed and flagged under New
> Google, and now I cannot even get New Google at all.
>
> So is anyone else experiencing this, or is it a directed attack on AP?
>
> Like I said so many times before, if Usenet operated to where only
> legal names can post and limited to 5 posts per person per 24 hours,
> then we would not find ourselves in this bad situation of where we
> have two types of Google newsgroups and have unpaid moderators
> flagging posts when Google can cleanse the newsgroups automatically by
> 1) legal names 2) 5 posts per person per 24 hours.
>
> David Bernier question: are you having this problem of Error 404?

No. I can see the new Google Groups here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/sci.math

dave