Topic: ZFC and God
Replies: 45   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 3:47 AM

Jesse F. Hughes

Re: ZFC and God

WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:

> On 22 Jan., 12:49, "Jesse F. Hughes" <je...@phiwumbda.org> wrote:
>

>> You are incapable of very basic mathematical reasoning.
>
> I am capable of recognizing the following: When I union infinitely
> many singletons {1}, then the result is a finite set. In no case it
> contains more than one element, namely 1.
>
> When I union infinitely many finite initial segments {1, 2, 3} and
> smaller ones, then the result is a finite set. In no case it contains
> more than three elements, namely 1, 2, 3.
>
> When I union infinitely many finite initial segments {1}, {1, 2}, {1,
> 2, 3}, ..., then the result is a finite set. In no case it contains
> more elements than every finite initial segment - unless your God of
> matheology conjures an actually infinite set out of all the unioned
> finite sets.

You're right! I am incapable of recognizing that.

--
"I am the barbarian at the gates, raw creative force, willpower, and
the will to fight for the truth no matter what, no matter who stands

Date Subject Author
1/21/13
Read ZFC and God
Zaljohar@gmail.com