Topic: Help using textscan or sscanf
Replies: 21   Last Post: Jan 23, 2013 4:02 PM

Kevin Ellis

Re: Help using textscan or sscanf

"james bejon" wrote in message <kdk3ol$ngp$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Sorry, I meant more specifically:
>
> What's the rule for getting '09837381019' to '4412373810', e.g., "If there are 11 digits, hack off the first 3 and the last 2 and stick a 4412 on the front"?

Yes that is exactly right. I was hoping you could show me that and that way I could figure out how you wrote your code to change it when I need to. Essentially, I want to be able to use regexpprep that I can pull out a certain number of digits anywhere in the account number and append '4412' to the front. So for right now remove the first 3 and the last 2 and stick a '4412' on the front. Thanks.