Topic: Combining series of matrices
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 10:05 AM

dpb

Re: Combining series of matrices

On 1/22/2013 9:35 AM, dpb wrote:
> On 1/21/2013 4:12 PM, dpb wrote:

> ...Previous code elided for brevity to correct a syntax problem of
> concatenating a structure w/ an array...

> Concatenate the L and R arrays then create the structure in the end--

OBTW, I did it that way 'cuz I presumed it would be faster w/o the
structure in the way--you can, of course, also create a temporary
structure in place of the temp arrays and concatenate them. If you're
doing this a lot it's probably worth the effort to test each to check on
relative performance...

Or, of course, there's the alternative that was suggested earlier I
didn't implement of adding each to a cell array element and then
converting to matrix at the end...I took your basic initial code and
simply converted it to a temporary and removed the loops, etc., where
unneeded as a pattern.