Topic: ZFC and God
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 22, 2013 3:46 PM

Virgil

Re: ZFC and God

In article
<822d5a71-83a6-47db-b9c8-ffc21cf24188@x13g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 22 Jan., 14:41, Aatu Koskensilta <aatu.koskensi...@uta.fi> wrote:
> > WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:
> > > When I union infinitely many finite initial segments {1}, {1, 2}, {1,
> > > 2, 3}, ..., then the result is a finite set.

> >   It's one thing to say there are no actually infinite set, but this is
> > just rank nonsense.

> It is unmathematical nonsense to believe that more is in the union
> than is put into by every FISON.

It is merely common sense, which WM seems to lack, to believe that the
union of a family of sets contains more that a non-maximal member of
that family.

And every set in the family {{1}, {1,2}, {1,2,3}, ...} is non-maximal.

So WM is wrong again!