Topic: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
Replies: 28   Last Post: Mar 17, 2013 12:16 AM

gWilkie@highlands.com

Re: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
att1.html (3.1 K)

I used the link
http://www.p12.nysed.gov/assessment/schedules/schedule-hs.html
When I went into the assessment site I did not find June 3-4 as testing
dates ... can someone send me the link?
Thanks Grace Wilkie

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Evan Romer <evanromer@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... and it's not pretty.
>
> The Common Core Regents exams in Algebra I, Geometry and ELA will be given
> June 3-4, which is two weeks before the start of Regents week. (The memo
> implies that this will be for the first year only, not every year.
> Presumably CC Algebra II will be given early in June 2015.)
>
> This is not presented as a draft exam schedule: it's presented as the exam
> schedule.
>
> http://www.p12.nysed.gov/**assessment/schedules/schedule-**hs.html<http://www.p12.nysed.gov/assessment/schedules/schedule-hs.html>
>
> So, in case we didn't already know this, NY considers the testing program
> more important than, you know, actual teaching and learning. Not only does
> this cut two weeks of instructional time for math, but it will disrupt
> other courses on those exam days.
>
> ----------
>
> The memo also states that the three "traditional" Regents Exams (Int Alg,
> Geo, A2T) will also be given in June 2014 and that the phase-out timeline
> for those exams has not been determined. Did we know that? It's news to me.
>
> Are those exam only being given so that students who studied the non-CC
> curriculum can take those exams? Or do districts have the option of
> delaying adoption of Common Core? In past curriculum transitions districts
> have had the option to wait, but from everything else we've seen on enageny
> (rhymes with progeny), I assume that waiting is not an option this time.
> Does anyone know?
>
> -----------
>
> Two smaller notes:
>
> The last 3 days of exams are just RCTs, plus Chem. That's new.
>
> The Int Alg, Geo and A2T Regents are all given on the same day, with Geo
> and A2T both in the afternoon. Is that good? Will there be a significant
> number of students taking both?
>

> Evan Romer
> Susquehanna Valley HS
> Conklin NY

> *
> * http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.**jspa?forumID=671<http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.jspa?forumID=671>

Date Subject Author
1/16/13
Read June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
Evan Romer
1/17/13
Read Re: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
ElizWaite@aol.com
1/17/13
Read Re: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
Roberta M. Eisenberg
1/17/13
Read Re: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
ElizWaite@aol.com
1/17/13
Read RE: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
Ryley David
1/17/13
Read RE: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
Tom Kenyon
1/17/13
Read RE: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
becky rury
1/17/13
Read RE: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
Dina Kushnir
1/17/13
Read RE: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
Daniel Knaisch
1/17/13
Read RE: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
Mark Burfield
precopio@nycap.rr.com
1/17/13
Read Re: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
precopio@nycap.rr.com
1/18/13
Read Re: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
sherry
1/18/13
Read Grading Jan Exams?
Tony George
1/18/13
Read Re: Grading Jan Exams?
Betty Worthington
1/18/13
Read RE: Grading Jan Exams?
Dianne Gizowski
1/18/13
Read RE: Grading Jan Exams?
Tom Kenyon
1/18/13
Read Re: Grading Jan Exams?
Kathleen Cefalo
1/18/13
Read RE: Grading Jan Exams?
Westendorf, Neal
1/20/13
Read RE: Grading Jan Exams?
Eleanor Pupko
1/20/13
Read Re: Grading Jan Exams?
MathCaryl@aol.com
1/18/13
Read RE: Grading Jan Exams?
cafg23@juno.com
1/18/13
Read RE: Grading Jan Exams?
Westendorf, Neal
1/17/13
Read Re: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
Sharon
1/17/13
Read Re: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
Sharon
1/22/13
Read Re: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
gWilkie@highlands.com
1/22/13
Read RE: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
Peggy Niforos
1/22/13
Read Re: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
ElizWaite@aol.com
3/17/13
Read Re: June 2014 Regents exam schedule is up ...
zobinta