Topic: Increment saved filename for each loop
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 23, 2013 9:50 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Increment saved filename for each loop

"Phil Roberts" <harsh_classic@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a dataset called: uniplot_data(:,:,k). I wish to save each
> increment of k with a different filename in a different file, but I am
> struggling to find a way to do so.
>
> Previously, I have been using the piece of code below to save a single
> dataset. As you can see however, this doesn't take into account loops.
>
> save('filename.txt', 'uniplot_data', '-ascii')
>
> Any help would be great.

Question 12 in the Programming section of the newsgroup FAQ illustrates two
ways to iterate over a series of filenames, depending on whether you're
trying to sequentially generate the name or using names that match a
pattern.

http://matlab.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

--
Steve Lord