Topic: SWITCH expression ERROR !!!!
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 23, 2013 10:01 AM

Steven Lord

Re: SWITCH expression ERROR !!!!

"Serhat " <serhat_idd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to plot 3 graphics successively. So I use this code:
>
> for h=1:3
> switch h
> case 1
> semilogy(x, y, 'rx-')
> case 2
> semilogy(x, y, 'bo-')
> case 3
> semilogy(x, y, 'md-')
> end
>
> but it gives this message "" SWITCH expression must be a scalar or string
> constant."
>
> What can I do? Thanks in advance:)

Executing this code on sample x and y data with the following lines to end
the FOR loop:

pause % so I can see each plot
end

ran without any error on my machine. Therefore there's something you're not
showing the group that's contributing or causing this failure.

Set an error breakpoint then run your code.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_prog/debugging-process-and-features.html

When MATLAB stops, take a look at the variables in the workspace and what's
written on the line of code where it stops. If that doesn't indicate to you
the cause of the problem, show the group the line on which MATLAB stopped in
context (ideally simplified down; please don't post 100 lines of code) along
with information about the specific line on which MATLAB stopped.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com