Topic: Increment figure number in 3 dimensional loop
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 24, 2013 3:01 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Increment figure number in 3 dimensional loop

"Phil Roberts" <harsh_classic@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a 3 dimensional loop (as per the code below). However, when I plot
> the first 8 figures of the 1st "k" loop, the 8 figures plotted with the
> second "k" loop overwrite the original 8 figures from the 1st "k" loop.
>
> How can I increment the figures so that 16 are shown i.e. 8 from the 1st
> "k" loop and 8 from the 2nd "k" loop?

Your figure number needs to depend upon both j AND k. If you don't care
about having figures 1-16 you could just use 8*k+j to open figures 9 through
24.

Alternately, do you need sixteen figures? You may be interested in the
SUBPLOT function, which allows you to place multiple axes on one figure
window.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com