Topic: Increment figure number in 3 dimensional loop
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 24, 2013 3:01 AM

Phil

Re: Increment figure number in 3 dimensional loop

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <kdp5vv$oua$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Phil Roberts" <harsh_classic@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a 3 dimensional loop (as per the code below). However, when I plot
> > the first 8 figures of the 1st "k" loop, the 8 figures plotted with the
> > second "k" loop overwrite the original 8 figures from the 1st "k" loop.
> >
> > How can I increment the figures so that 16 are shown i.e. 8 from the 1st
> > "k" loop and 8 from the 2nd "k" loop?

> Your figure number needs to depend upon both j AND k. If you don't care
> about having figures 1-16 you could just use 8*k+j to open figures 9 through
> 24.
>
> Alternately, do you need sixteen figures? You may be interested in the
> SUBPLOT function, which allows you to place multiple axes on one figure
> window.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I would like to understand how I go about opening 16 individual figures (8 from the first "k" loop and 8 from the second "k" loop). Once I have done this I will have a look at the subplot function.

Therefore, how would I go about editing my code?

Thanks in advance,

Phil