Topic: Increment figure number in 3 dimensional loop
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 24, 2013 3:01 AM

dpb

Re: Increment figure number in 3 dimensional loop

On 1/23/2013 11:49 AM, Phil Roberts wrote:
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <kdp5vv$oua$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

>> "Phil Roberts" <harsh_classic@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

>> > How can I increment the figures so that 16 are shown i.e. 8 from the
>> 1st > "k" loop and 8 from the 2nd "k" loop?
>>
>> Your figure number needs to depend upon both j AND k. If you don't
>> care about having figures 1-16 you could just use 8*k+j to open
>> figures 9 through 24.

> I would like to understand how I go about opening 16 individual figures
> (8 from the first "k" loop and 8 from the second "k" loop). Once I have
> done this I will have a look at the subplot function.
>
> Therefore, how would I go about editing my code?

A trivial way is to add a counter for the figure...
fig=0; % Initialize
for k = 1:2
for j = 1:8;
f=f+1;
figure(f)
end
end

Or, even more simply, Matlab will automagically open a new figure

for k = 1:2
for j = 1:8;
figure
end
end

As Steven showed you can compute the figure number for a given k,j
combination algebraically if needed (assuming start w/ none open
already--if so, add the offset or clear 'em out)